Creating a Sustainable Civilization - 1995 lecture by Allan Savory
'Creating a Sustainable Civilization: An Introduction to the Holistic Management Decision-Making Process' is based on a lecture given by Allan Savory at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque in August 1995.
This video was digitized from a VHS recently recovered from Allan Savory's personal archives. The Savory Institute is re-releasing this relic from the past since its message is just as critical today as it was then.
"In 'Creating a Sustainable Civilization,' Allan Savory makes a compelling case for the need to change the way we make decisions and introduces you to this new decision-making framework.
- A new holistic way to view the natural world
- The role of biodiversity and the fate of civilizations
- What desertification is and why we've been unable to stop it
- How paradigms shape our perceptions and why we need to change the way we make decisions
- How we can restore deteriorating environments, while simultaneously enriching people's lives
Why livestock are essential to restore land in two-thirds of the world
- Why resting land restores biodiversity in humid environments, but destroys it in arid environments
- Answers to commonly asked resource management questions
Emmy award-winning filmmakers Roger and Nick Brown have enlivened Allan Savory's lecture with additional film footage that's sure to make this video a hit. We guarantee you'll want to watch it over and over again. You'll learn something new every time!"
For more information on Holistic Management, please visit https://savory.global.
To purchase Allan Savory and Jody Butterfield's book, 'Holistic Management: A Commonsense Revolution to Restore Our Environment,' please visit https://savory.shop/collections/books... or find it anywhere books are sold.