- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Feb 24 2018 - Feb 25 2018
- Time: 6:00 pm - 5:00 am
TimeTime Zone: UTC-8
Western Regional Grazing Conference: Grazing for Change
Hosted by the Jefferson Center for Holistic Management and the Chico State University Regenerative Agriculture Initiative
Let’s take back our food system
Producers, graziers, innovative agriculturalists: gain valuable knowledge about viable market opportunities and production techniques that are not based on consolidation and commoditization.
Learn from speaker presentations, a discussion panel and a social hour with refreshments. Network with regional and national producers, and leaders in regenerative agriculture. Enjoy a meal of locally produced meats, grains, vegetables and other products.
- Will Harris, White Oak Pastures: Making the break from commodity agriculture as a self-reliant, diversified farming operation, that builds soil for future generations.
- Dan Kittredge, Bio Nutrient Food Association – Understanding the connection between regenerative farming/grazing practices and nutrient dense food. How to make informed choices about the food we eat.
- Dr. Sina McCullough, Author “Hands Off My Food!”: How commoditizing our food system has caused the current health crisis in our nation. The truth behind “what’s in our food”, how it got there, and who’s responsible.