- Jul 09 - 13 2018
TimeTime Zone: UTC+0
- All Day
- $997 for early registration
The New Rancher Camp Five Day Intensive Course
The New Rancher Camp is a five-day intensive retreat style camp for men and women age 18 or older who are interested in becoming farmers or ranchers. You will learn new skills and discover a holistic approach to farming, life, and land management.
New Rancher Camp July 9-13, 2018 at Matheson Farms LLC, Bellingham, WA, USA
Your camp leaders for this retreat-style hands-on camp are Sandra Matheson, DVM, and Doug Warnock, MS, of the Roots of Resilience team. Sandra is a lifelong rancher, documentary filmmaker, retired veterinarian, and ag educator/trainer. Doug is a former rancher, writer, and had a long career with WSU extension. Both are entrepreneurs, and accredited Holistic Management professionals.
The New Rancher School Curriculum Includes:
- Basic farm skills, fencing, and facilities
- Animal husbandry and low-stress animal handling techniques
- Raising and working with horses
- Managing your farm or ranch for resilience using Holistic Management
- Relationship building
- Farm business management
- Leadership and creating positive change
- Monitoring your land
You should sign up if you:
- Are considering a career in agriculture, but aren’t sure where to start;
- Have taken ag-related classes, and now want practical experience;
- Are thinking about a career change to agriculture from another field; or
- Are just curious about farming or ranching life;
New Rancher Camp is for you.
At New Rancher Camp you’ll learn about ranching heritage and traditions from multi-generation ranchers. And you’ll learn about current, science-based regenerative practices that will put your future farm or ranch business on a sustainable footing.