- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Aug 28 2017 - Sep 01 2017
- Time: All Day
TimeTime Zone: UTC+0
New Cowgirl Camp
Thinking about a career in agriculture? New Cowgirl Camp gives you a leg up.
August 28 through September 1, 2017, Lazy R Ranch, Cheney, Washington
New Cowgirl Camp is a five-day intensive course for forward-thinking women who are interested in becoming farmers or ranchers. You will learn new skills and discover a holistic approach to farming, life, and land management.
Cowgirl Camp is Led by a Team of Seasoned Pros
Your camp leaders for this retreat-style hands-on camp are Sandra Matheson, DVM, and Beth Robinette, MBA, Sustainable Business, of the Roots of Resilience team. Both are life-long ranchers, ranch owners, entrepreneurs, and accredited Holistic Management professionals. Beth, a Millennial, and Sandra, a Baby Boomer, bring generation-spanning perspectives.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Modern Ranching But Didn’t Know Who To Ask
Maybe you have been dreaming of a career in agriculture. But you did not grow up in a farming or ranching family. It can be hard to know where to start. At Cowgirl Camp you will be learning from lifelong ranchers and seasoned professionals. No question is too basic or two advanced.
Cowgirl Camp curriculum includes:
- Basic farm skills, fencing, and facilities
- Animal husbandry and low-stress animal handling techniques
- Raising and working with horses
- Managing your farm or ranch for resilience
- Relationship building
- Farm business management
- Leadership and creating positive change
- Working in the field of agriculture and seeking opportunities