- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jul 14 2018
- Time: 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
TimeTime Zone: UTC+0
Jefferson Center Ranch Field Day and Regenerative Reunion
We’ve met incredible people doing amazing things on landscapes across California and Nevada through our work in regenerative agriculture. Our field day this year includes a field walk, but is mainly a gathering of the great people deeply involved in regenerative agriculture. Spend the day with us (or longer if you’d like) and learn, dream and plan with the regenerative agriculture community. They are a fun, open, innovative, humble and musically-inclined group. You’ll leave feeling full of new ideas, good food and inspiration!
The Springs Ranch is the main demonstration site for the Jefferson Center for Holistic Management. Visit the Springs Ranch, a certified organic ranch producing grassfed and finished beef for the local community. Learn how the land is holistically managed using cattle as a tool to improve soil health, sequester carbon and increase biodiversity. Share in a family-style meal, after a walk through the ranch, featuring Surprise Valley Grown produce and products. Enjoy a relaxed, family-friendly summer evening on the ranch.
The ranch walk will be led by Spencer Smith, Savory Field Professional, and by Soil Food Web graduate, Owen Segerstrom. Learn how to identify healthy soil biology and understand what healthy soil can do for your farming or ranching enterprise.
- The ranch field day is part of a longer Ecological Monitoring and Land Planning course taught by the Jefferson Center. Meet course participants and understand why they are managing holistically, and joining the world’s first regenerative supply chain–Land to Market.
- Dig into soil health, literally! Shovels, microscopes, cattle, grass, management decisions. It will all be covered. Expect to get you hands dirty.
- Enjoy a nourishing meal featuring Surprise Valley Grown products, after the field walk.
- Meet regenerative farmers and ranchers from across California and Nevada.