- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jan 06 2018 - Jan 08 2018
- Time: 11:00 am - 6:30 pm
TimeTime Zone: UTC+0
Foundations of Holistic Management
This training course covers the fundamentals of Holistic Management:
- The four key insights.
- The four ecosystem processes and how to assess their condition.
- The tools for managing the ecosystem processes, and the results they tend to produce.
The course then moves into holistic decision-making:
- Defining the whole under management.
- Creating a holistic context.
- Using the seven context checks and the feedback loop to ensure better decisions.
It ends with an overview of the Holistic Management planning and monitoring procedures:
- Holistic Financial Planning.
- Holistic Planned Grazing.
- Holistic Land Planning.
- Holistic Ecological Monitoring.
Why are the foundations important?
This course provides you with an overview of the holistic management framework, and introduces the foundational concepts and insights which enable you to start practicing holistic management straight away.
Foundations of Holistic Management is a pre-requisite for all other courses, because it lays the foundation for holistic decision-making and planning in any arena of life.
For some, this course is all you need. For most, you will want to carry on with the other courses at your own pace.
How is the course delivered?
- This is a face-to-face, 3-day course, delivered by two Savory Institute Accredited Educators.
- Learning is primarily in the classroom, with a few activities outdoors.
- There are practical exercises mixed throughout, where you apply what you have learned, sometimes by yourself, sometimes with a partner.
The course will be held in Cork, Ireland in collaboration with Anú Dairy, an organic dairy producing the world’s first K2 Vitamin butter. Anú Dairy is seeking milk producers working to an organic standard, and using a holistic framework to assure they are regenerating land.
Who is the intended audience?
- Livestock farmers
- Arable farmers
- Conservationists and ecologists
- Food and fibre manufacturers and retailers
- Government officials
- Curious consumers
- Management consultants
- Business people
- Healthcare professionals
- Those who wish to become a Savory Institute Accredited Professional.
￡540 per person — Regular Price
￡495 per person — Early Bird Price (until 30 November 2017)
If you come from outside the UK, please contact us about special pricing (you do not have to pay V.A.T.)
We have secured partial funding for holistic management training through National Organic Training Skillnet (N.O.T.S.) resulting in a significant discount. This funding is applicable to farmers, businesses, and self-employed/sole traders resident in the Republic of Ireland. €185 per person — Through National Organic Training Skillnet.
We are also offering a 9-day intensive programme.