- This event has passed.
The New Cowgirl Camp Five Day Intensive Course
May 28, 2018 - June 1, 2018$997
The New Cowgirl Camp is a five-day intensive camp for forward thinking women age 18 or older who are interested in becoming farmers or ranchers. You will learn new skills and discover a holistic approach to farming, life, and land management.
Your camp leaders for this retreat-style hands-on camp are Sandra Matheson, DVM, and Beth Robinette, MBA, Sustainable Business, of the Roots of Resilience team. Both are life-long ranchers, ranch owners, entrepreneurs, and accredited Holistic Management professionals. Beth, a Millennial, and Sandra, a Baby Boomer, bring generation-spanning perspectives.
The New Cowgirl Camp Curriculum Includes:
- Basic farm skills, fencing, and facilities
- Animal husbandry and low-stress animal handling techniques
- Raising and working with horses
- Managing your farm or ranch for resilience using Holistic Management
- Networking and relationship building
- Farm business management
- Leadership and creating positive change
- Monitoring your land
You should sign up if you:
- Are considering a career in agriculture, but aren’t sure where to start;
- Have taken ag-related classes, and now want practical experience;
- Are new to farming or ranching and want to improve your knowledge and skills;
- Are thinking about a career change to agriculture from another field; or
- Are just curious about farming or ranching life;
The New Cowgirl Camp is for you.
At The New Cowgirl Camp you’ll learn about ranching heritage and traditions from multi-generation ranchers. And you’ll learn about current, science-based regenerative practices that will put your future farm or ranch business on a sustainable footing.
The 2017 camp was amazing and life changing!