- This event has passed.
Low Stress Livestock Handling, In-Person Course, 120
October 15 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm BST£330
Learn to see the world the way a cow does, so you can be safe and stress-free in handling them.
Educator Miriam Parker was trained by the originators, Bud Williams and Temple Grandin, and was awarded an MBE for services in farming in 2006.
The course involves classroom sessions, as well as outdoor exercises with livestock. For this reason, the course can only be offered during warmer weather, with a maximum of 12 participants. This 5 minute video, An introduction to cattle handling systems with Miriam Parker, introduces you to the topic.
- Being a Cow: natural cattle behaviour.
- Cows & the Unfamiliar: Examine how to work with the animal’s natural behaviour.
- Find the flight zone: identify behaviour when ‘pressure’ is applied.
- Market Facilities: keys to handling system design.
Our In-Person Courses Maximise Learning:
- This is an in-person course with renouned Miriam Parker.
- Receive all the learning materials on the day of the programme.
- Receive a lifetime membership to Regrarians Workplace, where we are part of a global community of Earth regenerators.
- Enjoy delicious Babbinswood Farm food and drinks for breaks and lunch.
- Friday, the 15th of October 2021
- 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Got a Question?
Book time to speak with the organiser, Sheila Cooke, by using this link.