- This event has passed.
Intro to Holistic Management for Fibre Farmers
June 2, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm CDT
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until June 16, 2021
Are you just excited about regenerative farming and want to know more? Are your land, water and ecosystems in need of rejuvenation? Do you struggle with the farm-work-life balance?
If this is you, then this is your course! Discover tools to design your farm to generate wealth (both financial and non-financial) for your family and community through improved land management. This course is an introduction to Holistic Management fundamentals and is being organized as part of Longway Homestead’s Field School.
Course Instructor: Dana Penrice, Savory Institute Accredited Professional
Hello & Course Interview Video
Wednesday, June 2 6pm – 7:30pm (CST)
Wednesday, June 9 6pm – 7:30pm (CST)
Wednesday, June 16 6pm – 7:30pm (CST)
Where: This course will occur on ZOOM and details will be distributed by email a week prior to the start date.
Course Format: Each session will include a 30 min video to watch on your own time and 1.5 hour live ZOOM presentation and discussion. 6 hours of instruction time.
What the course will cover:
- Session 1: Understanding the ecosystem process
- Identifying the 4 ecosystem processes
- Understanding the function and effect of these processes on the environment
- Getting comfortable with managing complexity
- Session 2: Tools for managing the ecosystem processes and their effect on the land
- How to read the land and what tools are appropriate for your context
- Introduction to Holistic Planned Grazing
- Determining your stocking rates and forage availability
- Session 3: Holistic decision making
- Identifying what resources you have available to support your vision
- Defining the values and vision for your farm
- Testing decisions and actions to check to alignment of actions with your values and vision