Holistic Ecological Monitoring & Land Planning, Online Course, Wednesdays
July 7 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm BST
Online Course with Instructor
Wednesdays, 7 July — 25 August 2021, 6:30 — 9:00 PM, London
When you change your management, how do you know if you are moving in the right direction? Learning to monitor the land for the earliest signs of change enables you to quickly adapt your management. This capstone course integrates the previous courses and enables you to create a long-term infrastructure development plan to generate enduring wealth from the land.
- The Basic Procedure enables you to gather enough information to keep your management on track.
- The Comprehensive Procedure provides more “quantitative” data and enables you to track specific measures over time.
- Consider new fencing layouts that minimise the number of water points required and that give us much greater flexibility in our grazing planning and more options for improving animal performance. Anticipate the facilities needed as animal numbers and herd sizes increase, and thus avoid costly redesigns in the future.
- Gain experience in the field observing signs of change.
- Learn how to complete both the Basic and Comprehensive Monitoring Procedures.
- Become proficient enough to monitor your own land.
- Learn the Holistic Land Planning process by working through an example provided by the educator, or by developing their own holistic land plan.