- This event has passed.
Holistic Ecological Monitoring & Land Planning, Lismore, Scotland
October 13 - October 14
HOLISTIC ECOLOGICAL MONITORING & LAND PLANNING
Course 4: Holistic Ecological Monitoring
Course 5: Holistic Land Planning
Isle of Lismore, Scotland
13-14 October 2020, 9:30 AM — 5:00 PM
HOLISTIC ECOLOGICAL MONITORING
When you change your management, how do you know if you are moving in the right direction? Learning to monitor the land for the earliest signs of change enables you to quickly adapt your management.
– The Basic Procedure enables you to gather enough information to keep your management on track.
– The Comprehensive Procedure provides more “quantitative” data and enables you to track specific measures over time.
– Gain experience in the field observing signs of change.
– Learn how to complete both the Basic and Comprehensive Monitoring Procedures.
– Become proficient enough to monitor your own land.
HOLISTIC LAND PLANNING
This capstone course integrates the previous courses and enables you to create a long-term infrastructure development plan to generate enduring wealth from the land.
Consider new fencing layouts that minimise the number of water points required and that give us much greater flexibility in our grazing planning and more options for improving animal performance. Anticipate the facilities needed as animal numbers and herd sizes increase, and thus avoid costly redesigns in the future.
Learn the Holistic Land Planning process by working through an example provided by the educator, or by developing their own holistic land plan.
To read more about it, and order this course, use this link:
Take 10% off by enrolling in the entire series of Holistic Management courses on Lismore. Use this link: