- This event has passed.
Holistic Ecological Monitoring 2-Day Training Course
September 13, 2017 - September 14, 2017￡345
This course covers the fundamentals of Holistic Ecological Monitoring:
- How holistic decision-making is used in Holistic Ecological Monitoring.
- Where Holistic Ecological Monitoring fits in Holistic Management.
- Why it is important to do yearly monitoring to establish trends using leading indicators at the soil level.
- How to develop your ability to read the land by assessing the condition of the four ecosystem processes: the water cycle, the mineral cycle, energy flow (photosynthesis), and community dynamics (the changing dynamics of plant and animal communities.)
- Learn how to monitor and track plant growing conditions and livestock health and performance during daily monitoring
- Participants go through both basic and comprehensive monitoring procedures on the land and learn how to assess whether the land is moving toward the future resource base defined in the holistic context, and if not, how to modify the use of management tools (technology, rest, fire, living organisms) to achieve the desired outcomes.
￡345 per person — Regular Price
￡315 per person — Early Bird Price (until 16 August 2018)
Price includes VAT, coffee and tea, lunch, learning materials.
For more details:
Telephone: +44 (0) 7446 780081
Email: [email protected]