Foundations of Holistic Management, Wittlich, Germany
August 9, 2018 - August 11, 2018
Foundations of Holistic Management
3-Day Training Course
In collaboration with Scheuerhof Farm.
This training course covers the fundamentals of Holistic Management:
- The four key insights.
- The four ecosystem processes and how to assess their condition.
- The tools for managing the ecosystem processes, and the results they tend to produce.
The course then moves into holistic decision-making:
- Defining the whole under management.
- Creating a holistic context.
- Using the seven context checks and the feedback loop to ensure better decisions.
It ends with an overview of the Holistic Management planning and monitoring procedures:
- Holistic Financial Planning.
- Holistic Planned Grazing.
- Holistic Land Planning.
- Holistic Ecological Monitoring.
Why are the foundations important?
This course provides you with an overview of the holistic management framework, and introduces the foundational concepts and insights which enable you to start practicing holistic management straight away.
Foundations of Holistic Management is a pre-requisite for all other courses, because it lays the foundation for holistic decision-making and planning in any arena of life.
For some, this course is all you need. For most, you will want to carry on with the other courses at your own pace.
How is the course delivered?
- This is a face-to-face, 3-day course, delivered by two Savory Institute Accredited Educators.
- Learning is primarily in the classroom, with a few activities outdoors.
- There are practical exercises mixed throughout, where you apply what you have learned, sometimes by yourself, sometimes with a partner.
The course will be held at Scheuerhof Farm, near Wittlich, Germany.
Who is the intended audience?
- Livestock farmers
- Arable farmers
- Conservationists and ecologists
- Food and fibre manufacturers and retailers
- Government officials
- Curious consumers
- Management consultants
- Business people
- Healthcare professionals
- Those who wish to become a Savory Institute Accredited Professional.